Thursday, July 3, 2014

Don't die of shock, I'm posting again. A house update and an Oreo review, all in one post

Where does the time go?!

The older I get the less time I seem to have

Father Time and I need to have a chat I guess

It feels like our house is really coming together

There's still a lot to do, but it's better than where we started

I'll find my pictures and post them for an update

That just requires moving from my laptop to my real computer

And as I'm currently watching Glee that won't be happening yet :)

Okay, I am on the beast

Which is what I call my "real" computer

Cause it's awesome

And it's a beast

Hence the name

Since I'm sure you wanted to know the nicknames of my electronics...

Pictures!

Here we go

Kitchen:

Before:








It makes me laugh that it got messier before it got better

After:





Obviously we still have to get curtains...and the walls are very boring still, but it certainly looks better

I'm just glad the KitchenAid has a home now

And the Oreos

Two of the most important things :)

I'm not 100% satisfied with the kitchen, but it's doable and livable and I can accept that for now

Now, the living room:

Before:










It's funny to watch the different pieces of furniture get moved to different spots in the room throughout the pictures

They were kind of like nomads at first

After:





Yay it looks soooo much better!!

If it were up to me, that LoveSac would be far, far away (on Judea's plains...)

Just because I don't even want to think about having to think about sitting on it for a VERY long time to come

But we feed the missionaries pretty much every week and one of the Elders actually likes to sit on it

So we left it upstairs for him

Again, the walls = boring, I know

We'll work on those, but first priority was the furniture

And hanging the TV

Some of the pictures I honestly just hung to get them off the floor and there were nails just scattered around the walls

So they all won't even stay where they are

Except for those by the front door

I like their placement

Hmmm...the study and our room honestly haven't changed much

They weren't as important because we don't have people coming back there

But, they have changed a little so....

Study:

Before:



After:


So yeah, really not that much different

One of these days we'll find homes for all of our nomad furniture

And the master bedroom:

(don't judge)






After:



So exciting, I know!!

Oh well, progress is progress

At least most days our bed gets made

That is definitely a good thing

And yes we put stuffed "animals" on our bed

We're awesome like that

Really that's about it

We've added some stuff into the hallway

Before:


After:


Nothing exciting, but we found a place for the jackets

And as I we have a lot, that was important

So, the main changes are the living room and the kitchen

We felt like they needed to be the focus since people actually go in that part of the house

So, it's coming along

Slowly but surely

We're the tortoise in the race

But at least the the main things are taken care of

****

I had a birthday almost a month ago

(which is now...3 months ago...)

Which is crazy cause it feels like it just happened

It was on General Conference weekend

(this awesome thing that happens in my church twice a year)

Because it was on Sunday that makes it complicated to go out and celebrate, and there's always a meeting for the guys the night before, so that doesn't help

But it is nice to be able to chill at home, watch conference in my pajamas, and spend the day with Hubby

Having a birthday on conference is a pretty awesome present

The Hubster gave me...





My Harry Potter books have gone missing over the years and have become tattered and in the end I don't have a complete set and what I do have isn't matching

So he got me that cool set of books which I'm super excited for and a game we've both been wanting but hadn't splurged on yet

I also got...


From my sister

Not gonna lie, I cried when I read that little sign

So cute

AND who doesn't love Piglet?

AND an Eve mug!!

She spoiled me

And from Papa and Mama Smurf....


That, my friends, is a rice bag

For my shoulders

Super excited about that

And the rest of it, of course

She knows me well

We found a Mexican restaurant near where we live that we went to

And we were both very, very impressed

Which says a lot about Hubby cause he's super picky






I loved the atmosphere

To be honest, I didn't know how I would feel about it because the outside of the building was small and strip-mall like

It was a little run down looking

And while it was small inside, it was awesome

The employees were all Latinos, and they actually used a little bit of Spanish when talking to the customers, which I thought was awesome

And the food was as close to authentic, in Mexico, in a village food you can get

Super good

We will definitely be going there again

We also went and saw the new Captain America

SO good

I loved it

It was weird not being home, in Utah, for my birthday

But they did call me, which was nice

And...I didn't get a birthday cake, because The Hubster hates to bake

Ever

Period

There was some leftover mint cake in the fridge that I made once when we had the missionaries over for dinner, but it was just on the edge of still being good and going soggy

Plus...that's not what I would have wanted for a birthday cake

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing please

Or at least chocolate cake

I was going to make one, but it was a rough couple of weeks with not feeling well and migraines and stuff

So we had invited the missionaries over last night for dinner and I figured that was the perfect time to make my cake

Exciting

And the cake looked awesome


And then one of the Elders had to go and get food poisoning

Rude!!

So...now I'm stuck with a whole cake all by my lonesome

We'll see if I can get Hubby to eat a piece

*************************************************************************************************

Well, that cake is long gone

Hubby force fed it to the missionaries after I left

They said it was super rich

Which it was

But I told them that beggars can't be choosers

And they said "Thank you Ms. Hannigan"

And

"We love you Ms. Hannigan"

Or something like that

****

As you can tell that post is a little old

But since it had some worthwhile information I figured I would leave it and just add to it

Really though, I had spent all of that time typing it all out...and didn't want to redo it

Call me lazy

****

So, it's been awhile since I've done an Oreo review

It won't have the two most recent "releases" cause I have yet to take those pictures, but I'll do that maybe next week

First we have....


I have to admit, I had a lot of expectations riding on these

I'm a cookie dough lover in all forms

Cause really...who doesn't love cookie dough?

Anyway, Oreo didn't quite meet my expectations with these

I was a little disappointed

They were good, and they had "chunks" in them which were fun

But they tasted a little too much like coffee to me

Hubby likes them, but says he could only eat 1 or 2 of them a year

Anyway, this is not a package I could have out and just snack on, not realizing what I'm doing

It would be a deliberate "let's pull out a package and eat a couple" type thing

So I give it...a 7/10

Next we have...


I REALLY liked these!! 

I thought they did a really good job with the whole concept

I love that the creme has "krispy" things inside

And I love the flavor

I don't think I could eat a lot all at once just because of how sweet they are, but I do really like them

And Hubby really likes them

He said he can eat 4 of them a year

Dork

Anyway, I give them a 9.5/10

And last but not least


I wasn't sure about these, cause I'm not a huge fruit punch person

I've just never really cared for the drink

But I should know by now that Oreo is really good at not making the flavor overpowering 

I was pleasantly surprised

They're probably not my ALL TIME FAVORITE...

But I genuinely liked them

I feel like they did a job well done with the flavor

I could definitely snack on these

Probably not a ton at once, yet again, because they are pretty sweet

But again, very good

I'd them a 9/10

All in all, I would give all of them a try

If you like coffee, I'm pretty sure you would love the Cookie Dough

I'm just not a fan of coffee 

The other two I would definitely recommend

Although I don't think you can find the cookie dough or marshmallow krispy anymore

So there's that

Fruit Punch is still available, at least in Iowa and Utah it is

Try them

Do it now

If you can find them, anyway

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find me a Daddy Warbucks and try and sway him with Oreos to give me all of his money

Wish me luck

5 comments:

Julie said...

Now my dear that is a post. I love it all. A lots of this, a bit of that and more. So cool.
You house is turning into a home, that is awesome.
You do find the Oreo's don't you? I think the Krispie Creams would taste awesome. I'm not a coffee drinker either so won't try the cookie dough ones. Fruit punch....nope, not going to try.
Your family is awesome!! No matter where you live you know they love you!!
Blessings my friend.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I fully trust you so, sometime, I will try the marshmallowy ones. I'll skip the rest. How disappointing to learn the cookie dough ones don't measure up. Oh, well.

Congratulations on all the afters regarding your home. I especially really like the purple bed.

Be well, friend.
xoRobyn

Bridget said...

I had all these things I wanted to say, then i saw the cake, and now that's all I can think about.

Venassa said...

Your house looks so cute and cozy!
Those are some great gifts. Especially the Piglet. My best friend always sends me that Pooh quote. I just love it.
I wish we had all those kinds of Oreos around here. We may get them someday. I've finally started seeing the special Chips Ahoy flavors around town. Canada is so slow at good cookies :p

Pat Tillett said...

If I see them, I will try those Oreos. So Happy Birthday!
A good Mexican restaurant near your place is a must!

Your place is looking good and homey! I hope you are comfortable living there now.
Take care!