Monday, October 31, 2011

Missing: Holiday spirit - if found, please send it my direction

For some reason, it doesn't feel like Halloween

Maybe it's cause Boyfriend and I don't have costumes

We usually dress up, but we just didn't have the time to execute what we wanted this year

So all I have is hair dye (not the permanent kind...I've always loved my hair color how it is)

I was going to do that this morning, but it turns out that sleeping is more important than dying your hair

So I'll do that tonight

Boyfriend and I also went to the store on Saturday night to buy ingredients to make nummy goodies to take to our annual Halloween party, but I just found out today that we're not doing anything

So now I'll have to figure out something else to do with the goodies that I will probably make still

Let's see...

27 bottles of IBC Creme Soda...

4 large bags of powdered sugar

4 cans of pumpkin puree

18 eggs

2 bags of flour

2 bags of sugar

This could be fun :)

I really don't have anything else to say, I don't really have the writing muse with me today

So instead of babbling on in utter nonsense, I took a personality quiz that has been floating around on a lot of my friend's blogs and I figured I would post the results for your reading pleasure...or misery, however you choose to think

If you would like to take the quiz, the link is right here


Warm

You have a genuine interest in other people. You're a natural host, and are always thinking about how you can increase the happiness of those around you. When friends have problems or are in trouble, you're usually the first person they turn to for aid and comfort. Scoring high on the "warm" trait suggests that you are among those who enjoy domestic activities — doing things around the house — and are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.
You don't always say exactly what you're thinking; you don't like the idea of causing anyone pain because of your criticism.

Understanding

You are willing to take the time to find out what's going on with other people, especially if they're in distress. You're a good listener, you don't criticize, and you offer unbiased, respectful, honest advice when it's requested. With a high score on the "understanding" trait, it is likely that you are enthusiastic about charitable work, helping others, and making the world a better place.
You don't feel the need to impose your standards on others or say things that, even though true, cause pain.

Scrupulous

You are an honest, fair person. You don't lie or cheat to get ahead. You treat others with respect and hope for the same in return.
You do not feel that you are above the rules that everyone else follows; you are definitely not willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead.

Upbeat

You enjoy being around others and others enjoy being around you. You have a "live and let live" attitude; because you know that no one's perfect, you are forgiving and happy to give the benefit of the doubt.
You don't feel the need to be controversial or express contrary opinions all the time. You see no reason to go around rubbing people the wrong way.

Empathetic

You are in touch with your own feelings, which helps put you in touch with the feelings of others.
You don't buy the logic that your happiness comes ahead of everyone else's because unless you're happy you're incapable of making anyone else happy.

Responsible

You fulfill your obligations and responsibilities, are true to your word, and generally obey the rules. While the majority of those who have a high score on the "responsible" trait enjoy traveling, they are usually very happy to return home — and don’t mind staying put for a while.
You're opposed to making hasty decisions, you don't insist that you're above the rules, nor do you feel compelled to color outside the lines.

Conscientious

You feel it's important to work according to a plan and finish every task, to do things correctly and thoroughly.
You are not the kind of person who abandons a project before finishing it, or slacks off when you've lost interest.

Optimistic

You are a "glass half-full" kind of person, always on the lookout for the silver lining. Your happiness is contagious, which is why others like to be around you.
You do not feel that the world is an intrinsically depressing place; you are not the kind of "realist" who thinks that only fools find joy in life.

Calm

You rarely become irritated, generally accept people as they are, take things as they come, and feel relaxed in most situations.
You do not let a minor annoyance escalate to a confrontation. You don't regularly snap at those around you or fly off the handle with little provocation.

Introspective

You like your own company; you're a very interesting person. Tracking your own mental processes, knowing what you're thinking and why you do what you do, is important to you. Often, what's going on in your mind is more compelling than what's going on outside. For the most part, those with a high score on the "introspective" trait enjoy reading, taking long walks, learning new things, and other solitary activities.
You are not someone who is constantly looking to be among a group of friends; you never feel bored when you are by yourself.
Kind of a fun little experiment
For some reason, I've always been really big into these personality test
Alright, I'm off to go find my holiday spirit
If any of you find it lying around, would you send it to me please?


Oh, and if you know of anyone that needs any Creme Soda, you can send them my way


Just so happens I know where to find some

6 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Oh my gosh, I love creme soda. Seriously. Someone would have to take those bottles away from me. Think of everything you could make with all those ingredients though!

Lalis said...

I didn't find your holiday spirit.
I did find a cold...
...a weird one too.
Do you want it? ;)

You still have Thanksgiving and Christmas! And there's always make-up holidays/parties. Those need goodies.

Pat Tillett said...

Creme Soda!!!
I'm sorry you didn't have halloween bug this year. Well, not to worry, it will be back next year! Hang in there, things will pick up for you soon...

Of One Heart said...

Your blog needs to see pictures of you as a red-head.

Important Question- Did the food cook? I'm hungry.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Feel free to send over some pumpkin pie ("secret" ingredient: creme soda).
Have a great weekend, friend.
xoRobyn

jayayceeblog said...

Here's a thought for your creme soda. Use it when you bake cakes in place of the water called for. The carbonation adds volume and lightness or some such thing. I worked in a bakery for a while and that's one of the tricks I learned. We used creme soda in white/light cakes and cola in chocolate cakes. You can even substitute flavored sodas in flavored cakes. Works great. Oh, also if you're using a boxed cake mix, add an extra egg and a package of instant pudding in whatever flavor. Really makes a difference.

Anyway, back to Halloween. I've never been one to enjoy the dressing up ritual myself although i've had a great time costuming my kids and granddaughter over the years. Seems I'm now working in an office where we dress up for Halloween at work. Yikes! I wore white slacks and blouse, and bought a halo and white wings to go as an angel. I know I should take offense at how hard everyone laughed when they saw me. Seems they all think I should have been wearing a devil costume instead. Hmmmmph!

Maybe we can hunt around for some Thanksgiving spirit. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie ... oh yeah, I think I'm feeling it!!!