Sunday, November 21, 2010

Quotes and words

"If you stay in Beverly Hills too long you become a Mercedes."

- Robert Redford


"I do not see any other way of realizing our hopes about World Organization in five or six days. Even the Almighty took seven."

- Winston Churchill


"In youth we learn; in age we understand."

- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach


And the word of the day is: 

bamboozle: to deceive or get the better of someone by trickery, flattery, or the like; to perplex, mystify.

"In his opening remarks he addressed the rumors that he was going to try to bamboozle them with a lot of technicalities and theatrics."

I love the word bamboozle...I got excited when I saw it was the word :)

I hope you all had a good Sunday!!
Night!!

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

love that word. I'm always bamboozeled (sp) that you are so smart with your quotes.

Amanda said...

Excellent word, my brother uses it frequently and I always find it hilarious.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Bamboozle is a great word and so underutilized. Thanks for given it the recognition its due.
Have a good night. xo

jayayceeblog said...

Me too; bamboozle is a great word. And I ask you, Bob, what is wrong with being a Mercedes???

Baby Sister said...

@ Amanda - I quite agree. :)

@ Robyn - I just try to help out the little words that no one appreciates. :)

Jami said...

I like "bamboozle" as well, though I rarely use it. Perhaps today is the day!

Anonymous said...

I really like quote 3 and the word- it had me smiling. :) :) Have a beautiful Monday!