Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday quote time

So, I didn't mean to do this, but I've been doing quotes every Sunday...I think I'm going to keep it as a tradition. And do the word of the day as well.  

Sound good?

Good.

"Better out than in I always say."

-Shrek

(per Boyfriend and his request)

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."

-Orson Welles

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all it's contents."

-H. P. Lovecraft

And the word of the day is...

Zetetic: proceeding by inquiry; investigating.

"But the truth was I wasn't feeling zetetic or ready to get tectonic, to shift those continents of thought."

9 comments:

Amanda said...

How the blazes did you come up with such a word? I don't believe I have ever even heard of it, much less seen it used in a sentence, until just now. Kudos to you for the impressive vocabulary. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw "Better out than in" on my dashboard, I thought you're going to ask which movie that is from and then I jumped here in half a second because I was so zetetic!

But to see that there is no scope now to win an award for that, I feel deflated. :(

Shrek makes me sooooooooooooo happy!!!

p.s. Which Doctor is that? I'm not going to see him!

Powdered Toast Man said...

Your post made me hungry for some reason.

Baby Sister said...

Actually, Manda, it's from dictionary.com...I have their word of the day thing on my google.com homepage. :) I'm not that smart!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love dictionary.com's word of the day.

Julie said...

How do you say that word, I'm not to good at sounding out words I don't think I've ever heard before. Keep teaching, I'm learning. Love the quotes too. Shrek was always my favorite.
Thanks for your kind words about grandpa. He was one of a kind and I felt lucky to share him with others.
Take care and have a blessed week.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Zetetic is a great word.
Have a good week!
xoRobyn

jayayceeblog said...

The Orson Welles quote made me literally laugh out loud! Thanks!!! Even knowing what it means, I doubt if I'll be using zetetic in everyday conversation. Although it would be fun to try ...

Baby Sister said...

@ jayaycee - Yeah, I loved that quote. I probably won't ever use the word either...but at least there is the possibility!!