Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday time

"Some days you're the dog - some days you're the hydrant."

- Anonymous


"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."

- Bernard Bailey


"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein



in honor of Boyfriend, I will do his favorite word for word of the day:

superfluous: being more than is sufficient or required; excessive; unnecessary or needless

"Boyfriend uses this word because the word itself is it's own meaning. Saying superfluous is just like saying useless. So instead of saying a word that is hard to pronounce, why not say the word useless? It's just a way of over complicating things"

There you have it, from the mouth of Boyfriend himself

I personally like superfluous more than useless :)

I hope you all had a great Sunday!! We go night night now...

Night!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Superfluous is a fabulous word and I use it on a regular basis. I'm with you on this one!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Boy those were some great quotes. And I truly feel like the hydrant a lot of the time.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Quote 2 and superfluous take the cake! You get me to be happy again! I like you. :)

Laura Darling said...

Haha I laughed out loud at the first quote! Very true!

Venassa said...

That second quote is great.

jayayceeblog said...

Oh, this last week I was definitely the hydrant -- great quote! I can never pronounce the word superfluous correctly -- always get the accent on the wrong syllable. =D