Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quotes and words

First things first:


My girls won on The Amazing Race!! :D I'm so happy!!!! :D :D

Okay, on to the quotes:

"One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork."

- Edward Abbey

(I've used that quote before, but not for this, so I figured it counted)

"Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug."

- John Lithgow

"Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness."

- Robertson Davies


And the word of the day is:

gallivant: to wander about, seeking pleasure or diversion; gad.


"Color me glad, with a caveat: my foot's still swollen and won't fit into any of my cute shoes, which means I can gallivant all over town, all I want - in bedroom slippers."

I really hope you all had a good Sunday...

I'm not looking forward to a new work week, I need it to be Christmas week THIS week, not next week...

Anyway...

Night!!

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

I was soooo excited that those girls won. woo-hoo

I don't want to go to work either. My son won't be there. I'm sad.

Anonymous said...

I can see how there's at least 3 of us that are tired this Monday. Ah, my back. It aches! :( :(

All these time quotes scare me. So, let's pretend I didn't read that part.

I like the last part of quote 3!! Very cool!

I'm ready to gallivant towards my bed now! :D

Bossy Betty said...

One more week! Hang in there. Love these quotes!

Venassa said...

Gallivant is a good word.
I love the windshield quote. so true.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I really like that Davies quote. Hope your feet heal.
xoRobyn

Baby Sister said...

@ Robyn - Oh, that's actually the sentence that was on dictionary.com. They give a couple of different examples and I just choose one. :)

jayayceeblog said...

I was glad to see that the top two teams were all girls, too! Love that John Lithgow quote. And the word gallivant was actually used when I was growing up as in "She was gallivantin' all over town!"